hey listers,

just a few things to mention, respond to, etc....
went to the show last night in seattle, and i thought they did a pretty
solid job. i could tell they were a bit rusty at times, as they just didn't
seem quite as "on" as i'd seen them in the past.
the touring bass player...someone said they didn't do justice to the old
lines. sounded to me pretty much like he played exactly what was on the
records. which is good and bad i think. but whatever.
"in circles" just didn't sound right in standard tuning. especially the bass
part on the beginning and between parts. they had like 15 guitars sitting
next to the stage. maybe they just forgot to switch or something, but they
should definitely do that from now on.
as for will's drumming on "8", i gotta respectfully disagree with the person
who said will went even crazier than he did on the album. i was standing
there basically waiting for him to do fills, watching him, expecting the
cool rolls he does during the choruses and the "sweet clover" parts, but he
never did them. probably my biggest reason for liking that song is the way
the drums and bass go together on parts like that, and that was just totally
missing for me at the show. i still dug hearing the song live for the first
time, but it was just missing something ya know?
oh yeah, and whoever was doing soundchecks for them.....for crying out loud,
sound check dan's microphone before the show! i couldn't hear a word he
sang. mind you he only sang on two of the songs, but still! "in circles" and
"8" suffered greatly because of not being able to hear his vocals, in my
opinion anyways.
anyways, that's about it for me. my head is dizzy right now for no apparent
reason so i should go lie down. take care everyone.

john

p.s.- for the guy who asked, TSMAP stands for "thief steal me a peach", an
early SDRE 7" record.

p.p.s.- my roommate wrote an article about the show for the Western Front
(western washington's newspaper), so anyone who lives up here in b'ham check
that out. and if anyone wants to see a copy let me know and i can send it
either personally or to the list, whatever. =)