Hell yes, man!  I couldn't have put it any better.  TRT isn't mature at all.
It's unoriginal.  At least their last three albums were F-ing original.  Ever
since my first listen, I have tried to make excuses for TRT.  "Oh, there just
maturing... experimenting and growing..." when actually it's just not very
good (save for a few tracks).  I hate to say more than anyone that SDRE made
a mediocre record but I have to agree with Matt.  They were awesome live, but
again their songs off Lp2 were the best all around: energy, sound, and the
songs themselves.  Having said that, I would say that the lyrics are what
turns me off more than anything else.  I wish I would never have read the
liner notes while I listened to TRT.  Maybe then I could sing along using my
own words (even gibberish) without cringing through half of it.  I forget but
is Dan the one who wrote most of the lyrics for TRT?  It's just odd because
no other album's lyrics are this annoying and RotFQ's lyrics are not even
close.

Kurt

In a message dated 2/15/01 10:41:54 AM Central Standard Time,