Tohru,

Frankly, I would say it is a gross invasion of privacy.  I was harrassed at college by
the sysadmins
after two of them asked me to do a panetration test on an NT4 box.  They read my
email, all of my
schoolwork, monitored when I logged in and what I did, the whole 9 yards.  Guess what?
 I told the dean
and almost got one of the pricks fired.  (Of course having a friend who just happened
to be an attorney
helped a bit too.) F*!k the AUL, and f*!k all the university sysadmins who think they
can bully students
around because they've frightened the adminsitration into accepting some paranoid
delusion of computer
geeks.  Get a bunch of people together and complain.  Remember, you're paying them,
not the other way
round.

<grrr>

vertigo