Check Point (small office, Internet Gateway for 25 users, etc) and Cisco (PIX 506,
etc) have solutions for branch offices and small business. I think that later the
company will not have problem with security.

Cheers

Kleber

"Vachon, Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>In regards to your statement about a netgear router. A device that does
>>nat and port forwarding is not a firewall.
>
>It is not a "true" firewall, though it is marketed as one.
>
>> Easily hackable.
>
>Can you point us to evidence to support this statement ?
>
>>There is no rulebase in one of those things.
>
>Not true. The Netgear routers do allow one to implement a rulebase via the
>CLI.
>
>>You could easily get the cisco pix or as I prefer a checkpoint FW1 for
>small business. I am very big on checkpoint and it has got a lot more
>features then a cisco pix.
>
>Easily get ? You are assuming that a small business can "
>
>1) Afford a PIX or Checkpoint FW
>2) Afford training so as to properly administrate devices from #1.
>3) Afford to hire a person proficient on #1.
>
>IMHO , a small business could do very well with one of the SOHO NATting
>devices. They could further enhance the protection by ensuing all the host
>systems have the latest patches, and up-to-date anti-virus software running.
>Yes, you are correct that PIX and FW-1 are better but, the key word was
>"small business."
>
>~S~
>
>Disclaimer: My own two cents !

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/