From: Brad Bendily [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 7:36 AM
To: Kleber S Oliveira
Cc: Ben; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: RE: Security for new small company

Here is a link from 3com's website listing the firewall's they have
available right now.
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/prodlist.jsp?tab=cat&pathtype=purchase&ca
t=286&selcat=Web+Firewalls%2C+Caches%2C+Load+Balancers+%26+Servers&family=84

I've never used the 3Com firewall. We may be buying a couple in a few
weeks/months.

Brad B

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Kleber S Oliveira wrote:

> I'd never heard 3com firewall products. What is the part number of this
product? Do you know?

> Rgs.
>
> Brad Bendily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >3Com has some hardware Firewall products that are meant to be used
> >in a small office environment.
> >
> >Has anyone on this list ever used any 3com firewall products?
> >Any concerns or problems?
> >
> >Does anyone have concerns or problems with 3com products in general?
> >
> >We use many of their edge switches and core products. I like
> >them. They follow more closely to standards than other makers. They don't
> >make routers though. Nothing really to match Cisco's internet routers.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Brad B
> >

> >On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Kleber S Oliveira wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Ben,
> >>
> >> You could buy Watchguard (SOHO) or Cisco PIX (506). These fw are for
small companies or branch offices that have small throughput.

> >> But if you want to create a DMZ with the mail server and website you
could buy a Cisco PIX 515R that has three or more ethernet interfaces to do
it. This solution is better and more scalable.