Experience is not only JOB experience. Build a home network, machines
are cheap enough now that you can buy several for under $1000(US). When I
hire someone, I don't always look at experience first, especially if it
is for a 'newb' type position. Which is the other thing, a simple cert
shouldn't be the silver bullet of the great job...99% of the time its
not. If I were you(and at one time I was....), I'd try and get a job
doing first level support somewhere. or an Ops job.  Prove to the
senior people that you want to learn, and are able to, and they
tend to like that. At least, thats how I do things....;) t