Ref: ASBB11 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'s
       message dated 4 Feb 2002, 16:18 hours.

>Sorry for the very basic question.
>Using superscan I found this port open on my computer. How can I close
>it? I use sygate personal firewall but it looks like I do not have
>options to shut down ports, I can only act on protocols.
>Thanks,
>
>Angelo

You seem to be in need of, say, Port Blocker from AnalogX.

Take a look at:

<http://www.analogx.com/>

and decide if this is the tool you are looking for.

An alternative is to use Tiny Personal Firewall (freeware if personal use) and block
specific protocol ports as required.

--
Richard H. Cotterell  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon,
and the deeper it sinks into the mind.
  -Samuel Taylor Coleridge, poet and philosopher (1772-1834)