From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 01:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: strong encryption - governments denying individuals the right
to use

Hi all

I am hoping that someone out there may be able to assist me with my
assignment.

I am having to write a position paper on - should our government
(Australian) deny individuals the use of strong encryption?

Unfortunately I have challenged myself and decided that I would support the
idea of the Government denying individuals the right to use strong
encryption.  Only problem is I can't find any information that explicitly
supports this argument, nor am I sure what I should put in this 'Position
Paper'.

Any ideas, any at all?

Sincerely,

Trina

___
Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.

This electronic transmission is intended only for those to whom it is
addressed. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged
or exempt from disclosure by law.  Any claim to privilege is not waived
or lost by reason of mistaken transmission of this information.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not distribute or copy this
transmission and should please notify the sender.  Your costs for doing
this will be reimbursed by the sender.
___