It would be worth notifying Yahoo of the suspected mischief, but I
wouldn't necessarily count on getting a real reply from them... imagine
how many people email them saying that someone is using their email...
plus if it is someone who sniffed or guessed your password, that really
isn't their responsibility when you think about it...

I would change your password, and use the SSL option when signing in
from now on...

I am sure that Yahoo does log logins in order to comply with legal
investigations... but you aren't going to get any IP information without
a subpoena or search warrant from a law enforcement agency...

If you want secure email, don't use Yahoo or Hotmail or any of the
publicly available systems and use PGP, plain and simple... otherwise,
you will run a certain risk... you would be better off getting an email
account from your ISP, or, if you have the resources, set up your own
mail server and domain.. :)

thanks,
shawn

On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 13:50, Williams, Larry wrote:
> I think you're mixing issues as well as departments.  Certainly their customer
>service department has little or nothing to do with the web development department or
>the programmers.  Personally, I expect Yahoo to contact you in the manner of their
>choosing in accordance with the Terms of Service.  I believe it is that same document
>that states their point of contact for account abuse is [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I am fairly
>certain that address is also listed in the abuse.net database.
>
> Best of luck,
> Larry

email: pakkit at codepiranha dot org
web: http://codepiranha.org/~pakkit
pgp key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pgp: 8988 6FB6 3CFE FE6D 548E  98FB CCE9 6CA9 98FC 665A