Yes it will work, He can even make a bash script to keep greping that particular JPEG
or HTML file in access_log, and If the condition is true then probably Email him on
some other email address he has, and as well as send the notification with I.P in
subject to his cell phone company provided email address which are something like
4040948*[EMAIL PROTECTED] Which actually send email notification via SMS.
In such a way he can probably setup a trap and shit. Goodluck Tony =)

Regards,
---------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
web: www.gem.net.pk
voice: 92-021-111-GEMNET

Chief Security Analyst
Applied Technology Research Center (ATRC)
web: www.atrc.net.pk
voice: 92-021-4548323, 92-021-4546077

"Great is the Art of beginning, but Greater is the Art of ending. "

--- "Laurence Brockman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Why don't you send an email message to your yahoo account with some embedded
>html (or JavaScript?) in it (Such as a pic on your home server or
>something).... or some friend that has apache running. Pick out a picture
>that no one else will ever load, and wait for him to open the message. You
>should get a line in the apache access logs with his source IP address...
>
>Not sure if this would work, but it might be worth a shot.... anyone with
>more experience with HTML email stuff think this would work?
>
>Laurence

[ATTITUDEX.COM]
http://www.attitudex.com/

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like [EMAIL PROTECTED] from
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag