If you have an old 386 or 486 clunker and a couple of extra NIC cards, go
to http://www.ipcop.org and download this Linux based firewall.  It's VERY
EASY to use, and secure (I'm behind one now).  It can be configured with a
web browser on the GREEN interface only....  If need be, and you need a DMZ
zone, you'll need three NIC's.  Good documentation..and user friendly!

Forget the Smootwall folks.  Bad attitude and they don't care.  Besides,
they are starting to CHARGE for the exact same firewall!

Good luck!