I would first like to thank all who have replied. However there still is no
solution. Problem is, there used to be a personalise windows update on the
site in version 3. I've done this before ;)

Latest winupdate page is v4 (Thanks for direct link Duncan G.) This version
spits this out if you go to it with Win98:
"
Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
most out of your computer.

The latest version of Windows Update is only available on computers that are
running Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
"

Your instructions here Paul, are basically the same. No Win98 support. Am I
to believe that all the end users out there with 98 are not getting the
critical JVM update? Admins are expected to perform a winupdate on every
machine?

I'm trying really hard not to MS bash. :)

Yes, I don't have a win2000 or XP box at this location. I already thought of
that.