> Greetings and Salutations:
>
> I have been scouring www.google.com, www.securityfocus.com,
> and www.ussrback.com for information containing a program
> that will log all file access on a win2k server. I have found
> nothing that will meet the requirements I am searching for.
>
> Basically, I would like to know if anyone knows of a program
> that can monitor file activity, from an .exe down to the .dll
> that will show the time/date of activity and the
> username/login name of the person attempting to access the
> file. If it could be configured to only monitor a certain
> drive or even a certain folder that would be great.
>
> I know that I can do it with the built-in Auditing feature in
> Win2k, but I would like something a bit more robust and
> easier to give to my administration.

GFI LANguard System Integrity Monitor for windows 2k.
Freeware download available...
http://www.gfi.com/lansim/

Hope its kind of what you're looking for. I have used it (not extensively),
and it worked fine.

---
| will munkara-kerr
| ssinct.freeshell.org/pubkey.txt

"This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Central
Sydney Area Health Service."