I take it that the interested party is running a Windows OS.  If that is
correct, then I would suggest he look for *Syslog* by H. Nielisse.

That will give him all registered changes to ANY file on the system but
it is not designed to also tell who provokes the changes.  :-)  Perhaps,
he would need an offical sleuths from some agency in the vicinity of the
center of hallucinations and make believe (that's the DC area, right?) to
stand by the machine on a 24 hour watch.  :-)

Xmas cheers!

Richard

Ref: H C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'s
     message dated 12 December 2002, 11:05 hours.