I'm working on a DateTime library, AnyDateTime <http://svn.nadir-point.com/viewvc/php-projects/trunk/AnyDateTime/>. The plan is to have a library that can cover nearly any possible time or date in history. The AnyDateTime library has a storage format which uses 22 characters, and sorts correctly in the database. The range of possible dates this library can cover is from 99,999,999,999 00:00:00 B.C.E. to 999,999,999,999 23:59:59 C.E. ^_^ So quite simply... it can cover dates all the way from before the Big Bang, to beyond the time when our sun dies and our planet dies as well, past the time the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies are speculated to collide, even past the time of the theorized Big Rip <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rip>. Though I admit, it can't cover the Degenerate, Black Hole, or Dark eras (those are well into the trillions).

Quite simply, the idea is to be able to make use of it in Semantic MediaWiki as an alternative date format. That way it's available for anyone covering historical dates and such.

--
~Daniel Friesen (Dantman, Nadir-Seen-Fire)
~Profile/Portfolio: http://nadir-seen-fire.com