Well, I should have clarified why I thought it was a bad idea - the Maps
extension is meant to be a very generic extension, that could ideally end up
getting used on a lot of wikis, including large ones. That could lead to a
lot of confusion over why it contains form-input stuff that seems unrelated
to anything else; especially if the documentation says something like, "for
questions/bug reports about the form inputs, write to the SMW-users list;
for everything else, write to...". It would be a somewhat split-personality
extension.

Maybe that's not such a big issue, actually, but that was my reasoning.

-Yaron