From: Carol Smith <car...@google.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Subject: Invitation: Apply to be a Mentoring Organization for GCI
To: Google Summer of Code Mentors List
<google-summer-of-code-mentors-l...@googlegroups.com>

Hi everyone,

Starting today we are accepting applications from organizations who
have participated in a previous Google Summer of Code (you!) to get
involved with our contest for 13-17 year olds, Google Code-in [0]
(GCI).

If you haven’t read up about GCI, you can check out our announcement
[1] to this list from Friday or read our blog post [2] about the
contest.

If your org has decided it would like to apply to participate in the
contest, you can fill out the application [3] on Melange now. The
deadline for applications is 1 November at 23:00 UTC.

Please read over the rules for participating as an organization in GCI
before applying, they can be found on the organization application [3]
itself. Please remember to also read over our Information Page [4] for
GCI org admins and mentors to make sure your org has the time and
capacity to participate this year. We have made a couple changes to
the workflow and the task management this year; please make sure
you're familiar with them.

We value your org’s past service to Google Summer of Code, and hope
your org will consider participating in Google Code-in.

[0] - http://code.google.com/gci
[1]
- http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-mentors-list/msg/9743e65835dab92f
[2]