Hi,

Oh yes, you're right, it's November 1. Which means that we have less
than two weeks to apply, if we wanted to apply.

I haven't seen any evidence that it's open only to organizations that
participated in GSoC, but I haven't seen that much direct information
about it in general, so you could be right. I would say doing it as
part of the Wikimedia Foundation would be less than ideal, but still
better than nothing. That's my opinion, anyway.

-Yaron