Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 09:57:08 +0200
From: k...@heldig.org
To: semediawiki-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [SMW-devel] Semantic mediawiki and map data

I'm rather new to semantic mediawiki and seeking some assistance in terms on
how i should proceed.
Today, semantic mediawiki (through the Semantic Maps extension) supports
defining geographic coordinates. a single point on a map. However, i intend to
expand on this feature and allow to define areas on a map through the use of
polygons, circles, rectangles and lines.

So let's look at the individual datatypes:Polygons and lines are just a
non-finite ordered list of coordinatesCircles is defined through a single
point/coordinate and a radius.
Rectangles is defined through two points on a map
So, somehow i need to define these datatypes, what would be the best way to do
this? any ideas?
Should i define each one of these as a SMWDataItem::TYPE_xxx? Or should these
things be defined through things like a combination of record/blobs and
arraymap?

Any suggestions on this is greatly appreciated as i'm not sure what path i
should take.
Best regards Kim