Great, I didn't know about MashaJS. Is there a test wiki around. In the
discussion there is a hint that it does not work with HeaderTabs...

> Which use cases do you have in mind that involved queryable inline
> comments?

There can be reasons, where

a) I want to have an overview of remarks that users made and the talk page
and/or version history is too cumbersome, because you have to switch around all
the time. If you want to ask users for comments on a text, a regular wiki is
not very usable. annotations are great here.
b) users don't want to/dare to/should not edit the text itself, but still
should have to possibility to add/enhance/comment on the text

It would be great to have features like:
* show only annotations of user X on the page
* show the text with annotations of users X and Y, but not from Z
* show the users with most annotations

regards,
Bernhard

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----