hmm. short answer:

As WikiMediaLabs is doing this: http://annotator.wmflabs.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum
it is probably going to be available in MW installations. Therfore it makes
sense to have some semantification of it (and yes, general semantification is
an interesting topic, the special semantic properties go in this right
direction)

long anwer:
Sometimes I have the feeling that SMW users and devs still have the semantic
encyclopedia in mind. My use cases are far more off this track. SMW has it's
clear strenghts, but for some features, others put up very quick and sometimes
very nice features. e.g.
http://annotateit.org/
http://etherpad.org/

There are many use cases for this and of cource, then the easiest solution is
to use these pieces of software. But if you look at this page
https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki you can see a lot of plugins already
available for systems like Drupal. As great as wikis are in general for many
many use cases, for some things there are simpler solutions. to have these
possibilities integrated in the SMW ecosystems seems a worthwile effort.

concrete use case i was thinking of: a city releasing agenda items, protocols,
decisions, regulacitons etc. of municipal council meetings on a wiki. the
general public should not be able to edit these, but annotate them (and rate
them).

regards,
Bernhard

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----