Hi,

> 1) What does "as of 1.9.2" mean exactly? Is this a change of behaviour
> from older versions?

By the time of the writing (which included SMW 1.9.2 therefore "as of"
and all previous versions) SMW does not support a "real" auto update
mechanism for queries and with "real" auto update we think of "smart
queries" where an algorithm is used to find a data diff which would
trigger a refresh of only those related subjects and its queries
within the store (and hopefully invalidates the MediaWiki html/parser
cache we well otherwise it prevents the page from displaying the
update results).

[0] refers to the query update not the property/value update of a page.

> 2) Does a page edit/save where a property value is changed trigger an
> update/refresh or not?

It does not directly trigger an UpdateJob but of course it triggers an
synchronizes update of the Store. Two exceptions are made for the
change of a property type (those on a `Property:` page) and when
creating a redirect (as explained in [1]).

[0] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Automatic_query_update
[1] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:UpdateJob

Cheers