Marcello,

Look at the "standard" config.xml logic:

         <!-- If the recipient is for a local account, deliver it locally -->
         <mailet match="RecipientIsLocal" class="LocalDelivery"/>

         <!-- If the host is handled by this server and it did not get -->
         <!-- locally delivered, this is an invalid recipient -->
         <mailet match="HostIsLocal" class="ToProcessor">
            <processor>local-address-error</processor>
            <notice>Unknown recipient</notice>
         </mailet>

         if we are here it is an outgoing message

Look at the RecipientIsLocal and HostIsLocal matchers.

Ciao,
Vincenzo