Folks,

OK, so perhaps this idea is not as controversial as the subj line would
indicate.  Is there any interest (beyond me) for refactoring the James
server implementation to allow non-Merlin/Avalon use ?

We're finding that Constructor Dependency Injection (CDI) is pretty
popular now. There is a way for most Serviceable/Configurable/etc
components to split into AbstractFoo, AvalonFoo and SimpleFoo type
classes that would facilitate a non-Avalon capability for James.

This refactoring would also give standalone capability (without all the
JMX management of course).

Thoughts?

Regards,

- Paul