Hi Norman,

There are not so much .m64 files, so even it it shows that a mail processing didn't reach the end and may have cause a leak, I don't think it would make crash my process so quick (between 10 and 24 hours).

I quickly analysed a few dumps last week : there is always a class that took 30/40% of the memory. Sometimes a activemq class, sometimes not (don't remember the details). Also notable, the stack trace (the place where the OOM gives problems) varies.
Today stack was:
org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException: org.apache.camel.CamelExchangeException: Error processing Exchange. Exchange[JmsMessage: ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 2102, responseRequired = true, messageId = ID:srv001-51032-1270011735798-2:0:24:1:214, originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId = ID:srv001-51032-1270011735798-2:0:24:1, destination = queue://processor.root, transactionId = null, expiration = 0, timestamp = 1270014325685, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1270014326893, brokerOutTime = 1270014333023, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type = null, priority = 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, userID = null, content = org.apache.activemq.util.byteseque...@69b568d0, marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 10718, properties = null, readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable = false}]. Caused by: [java.lang.OutOfMemoryError - Java heap space] at org.apache.camel.util.ObjectHelper.wrapRuntimeCamelException(ObjectHelper.java:1055) at org.apache.camel.spring.spi.TransactionErrorHandler$1.doInTransactionWithoutResult(TransactionErrorHandler.java:154)

I also think the tmp files are not the main cause.

I have now james running in eclipse and I made already made a little trip in the code. Quite impressive since last time I looked at it. I will try to stress james with a small smtp/pop3 client (I used postage, but a simple class with commons-net behind) may be easier and see what happens (eventually with eclipse profiler).

It will be for this weekend for me.

Bye,

Eric