Hello,

For me "server" is nice to describe a particular packaged James setup. The term might me a little too much generic, but if you prefer it above "flavor" or "product" or "profile", why not.

On the other hand, when you customize a particular "server" (to use an LDAP user repository for example instead of a Database user repository), it's not a different flavor. It's the same server, with just some specific configuration. So for me it's then useless to introduce a new term here (flavor) while the admin will only configure this particular James server.

Regards,

Raphaël.