Hello

jpa-app neing deprecated -> +1

About xodus: I see the point but I am reluctant to add yet another family of 
storage dependency as part of the james project.

I'd consider the PG dependency light enough to not be a concern even to self 
hosters.

I'd recommend concentrating our efforts only to one backend instead of 
dispersing our efforts.

-- 


Best regards,

Benoit TELLIER

General manager of Linagora VIETNAM.
Product owner for Twake-Mail product.
Chairman of the Apache James project.

Mail: [email protected]
Tel: (0033) 6 77 26 04 58 (WhatsApp, Signal)



Le oct. 5, 2026 9:26 AM, de Ilya Terskov <[email protected]>i think its not 
worth it only bacause in future if james bump java to 25+
there no way for xodus still be working :c sorry to wasting you time... but
i still try youtrackdb github.com/JetBrains/youtrackdb - database
which used now instead of xodus.

пн, 5 окт. 2026 г. в 12:24, Ilya Terskov <[email protected]>:

> Thanks Rene!
>
> here is PR POC
>
> github.com/apache/james-project/pull/3231
>
> пн, 5 окт. 2026 г. в 09:25, Rene Cordier <[email protected]>:
>
>> Hi Ilya,
>>
>> I personally don't know Xodus at all.
>>
>> I would say if you can propose a POC that separates well Xodus implem
>> into its own modules without impacting much the rest of the code it's
>> maybe ok having a look and discussing around it.
>>
>> The more we add components support to James the moire we need time and
>> energy to keep maintaining everything though keep in mind.
>>
>> Rene.
>>
>> On 10/4/26 22:25, Ilya Terskov wrote:
>> > Hi there once again.
>> >
>> > I am little update build. I know its will adds complexity if added to
>> > master but i think its good option vs jpa-app which now mostly
>> deprecated
>> > and not more main point of development. I am personaly want hard test it
>> > and support as i can.
>> > For now in my repo its uses in memory spooler  (because activemq ->
>> artemis
>> > transition time) also for simplicity i make metadata and blob in
>> database
>> > but xodus support and control meta in database and blob in filesystem -
>> and
>> > with backup it sync both places and guarantee persistent - its killer
>> > feature dont it?
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>>
>>

Reply via email to