On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Michael Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> stated most clearly in Scott's "Network
> Principles" document.

The principle outlined there is interesting, but we are slowly trying
to prove it is also workable. So I would not task Tarun with
delivering something usable to Uy users while achieving something that
we know is bloody hard. Delivering to end users within the given
constraints - including schedule and expertise - takes priority.

So while many things are theoretically possible to do serverless,
doing them on the server is more expedient and reliable, so we do
because we want to deliver. In time we might shift more stuff to the
server-less space.

Just pragmatism and focus on end-users.

cheers,

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions