Nathan Cheng wrote:

> the "connection" log at times grew at 5MB per minute, repeating
> the EXACT SAME 42 LINES over and over and over again without so
> much as a pause.

Unless there is a weird bug that needs to get fixed ASAP, JAMES will only
print out that message upon receiving an attempted connection.

Have you used netstat to confirm the IP stack's view of things and comapare
it with what JAMES thinks is going on?  I have seen a problems with spammers
who run massively parallel attacks, and then leave without saying goodbye.
There are some things that can be done to tune TCP/IP to help, depending
upon your OS.  And you can consider blocking attackers at the firewall.

        --- Noel