> > 2. "DELE 1" commands
> > As for the 'DELE 1' cmds being from different connections,
> I can't confirm
> > that as I didn't log the thread name.
> > I'll need some time to re-simulate that as the client code
> has changed.
>
> What about the DELE9 with no previous DELE2-7 ?
>
> Are the connections made concurrently?
>
> James does not lock the pop3 inbox, so multiple concurrent
> connections
> for the same user may ends to unknown behaviours.
>
> You said that you have 100 messages and you start reading them.
> Then you send to the same inbox more messages.
>
> If the client close and reopen connections then it will see the new
> messages too.
>

> No one ensure that the messages in pop3 are shown in arrival order.

Each  'download and delete' was made sequentially from a single client. The
latter does the following:
1. Start a session.
2. Grab the list of messages in the inbox.
3. For each message on that list,
        i.      Scan header for some proprietary meta-info to determine if
download is required.
        ii.     Download the message and then issue the deleteByUIDL
command.

We're processing all the messages in a single thread but we don't know yet
whether Chilkat handles each download and/or delete with a new session or
not.
We'll run the original code and add the thread name logging in James. Until
the Chilkat folks get back to us, that'll be the only guideline that we
have.
Will keep you updated.

> > 4. Mail repository
> > We're using the file repository. Any special recommendation
> for or against
> > it?
>
> No, I just wanted to gather more informations.

Well, we went with the file repository because it was the default setting. I
hope to have the time to explore the other options.

Hi Danny,
Thanks for the response, will raise it in JIRA

Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com