David Legg schrieb:
I don't know if this will help but in the past I've used this public SMTP testing web site [1] before and found it very useful. It attempts more and more devious tests on your server and reports what it found.

David Legg

[1] http://www.test-smtp.com/
Hi David,

thank you for that suggestion. I've run a few other tests tools on my installation to make sure that everything is ok, but even after updating to James 2.3.1, the test site you referred to reports my James installation to be an open relay. It fails on test 15:

Test 15/28
>>> RSET
<<< 250 2.0.0 OK
>>> MAIL FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<myip>]>
<<< 250 2.1.0 Sender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<myip>]> OK
>>> RCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<myip>]>
<<< 250 2.1.5 Recipient <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<myip>]> OK

The mail lands in the dead letter queue with an address error, but why is James accepting such a mail at all?

The rest of the tests are not run.

Tor