On Sat, 9 Mar 2024 05:27:43 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> vmtestbase nsk/jdi tests run 2 processes: debugger and debugee.
>> There is not need to start  debugger in the separate process for each test.
>> Also, no need to run it with "-Xcomp" because the main goal is to test
>> debugee behavior with different VM flags.
>> This fix updates tests to run debugger as driver to optimize execution time.
>> The fix also eliminates System.exit() which is not compatible with
>> driver/agentvm mode and update shared classes to correctly add classpath
>> when running debugee.
>> There were few tests which still execute using othervm mode. They require
>> some specific classpath/settings.
>> Tested by running all tests, with '-Xcomp' and virtual thread test factory.
>
> Leonid Mesnik has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   reverted failing tests.

That's a good question.
Each test creates a new connector, starts new vm process with debugee and
launch com.sun.jdi.VirtualMachine. I expect that it should be fine to run all
of them in same vm. We are already use the same mode for com/sun/jdi jdk
regression tests.
Moreover, it should be a bug if we can't run all these tests in the same vm
process.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18174#issuecomment-1988761928