On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 14:44:03 GMT, Stefan Karlsson <stef...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Vladimir Kozlov has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Removed not_used state of nmethod
>
> src/hotspot/share/code/codeBlob.hpp line 409:
>
>> 407:
>> 408:   // GC/Verification support
>> 409:   virtual void preserve_callee_argument_oops(frame fr, const
>> RegisterMap *reg_map, OopClosure* f) override { /* nothing to do */ }
>
> In the GC code we usually have either virtual OR override, but not both.
> Could we skip `virtual` here? Or does the compiler code usually use both?

No special rules here. I simply want to see all `virtual` methods explicitly
and `override` is required by C++.
I would like to keep it this way in these changes. I am investigating
possibility to convert all these virtual methods to normal one to remove
virtual table and virtual pointer (8 bytes) from CodeBlob class.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18554#discussion_r1550071713