The later (89?) K-based cars received an engine bay large enough to
accomodate the 3.0L V-6 option with the 4-speed auto.  Not sure about
the 3.3 or 3.8 versions (motor mount concerns mainly)

I believe the k-members use similar mounting solutions, the steering
racks are different and you need to use the entire front suspension
(minus the struts and springs) to do the swap.

If you want to use a 2.2/2.5 you need a 4-speed case from a Mexican car
as they received the 4-speed with the 2.2/2.5.  The PTO from the minivan
will fit onto a Daytona 5-speed transaxle but its splined to the case
and the 5-speed case doesn't have the splines.

Of course the rear suspension will need to be fabbed up since the
minivan uses a leaf spring rear end and the Daytona uses a
semi-independent trailing arm.  Obviously you need to have the driveline
shortened, but any decent driveline shop can do that pretty cheaply.

Now, with that said, the biggest issue with the AWD system is that its
driven off the passenger side of the differential and that diff is open.
So if you spin the RF tire, its all over but the shouting.  I would
strongly urge a proper torque sensing unit (perhaps the Daytona Quaiffe
piece can be adapted like it can on the 3-speed?)  Also you have to deal
with the A-604 and its oddities.  Perhaps adding the autostick function
to it would make a little more interesting?

I did see a Lebaron convertible running around Portland, OR with the AWD
drivetrain swapped in.  Had AWD badges and everything.  Haven't had a
chance to talk to the owner but it looked stock, if not sitting a little
higher.  I peeked underneath and it didn't look like it was that hard to
do, just making the tunnel larger and relocating the gas tank looked to
be the biggest hurdles.

The Daytona 444 used an AMC Eagle front axle flipped over and mounted in
the rear.  The power for the rear wheels was driven off the back of the
differential via a new rear diff plate being cast up for the 525 (Oy!)
More than likely it had a Torsen or Quaiffe style differential.  The
Daytona 444 also had an experimental cam phaser that would alter the cam
timing (sound familiar? Think VTEC or VVTi, etc) the Phaser solution was
somewhere in the order of $70,000 to build for that one car.

One of my crazy thoughts is to use the drivetrain from a
300M/Concorde/Intrepid mounted out back.  Very compact 604 based
transaxle with a nice V-6.  Not ideal (would prefer a stronger piece
with 5 manually shifted gears) but workable and it would be different.

Good luck,
Stefan Mullikin
Portland, OR
Co-Founder