Dave,

Mike (can't recall his last name), the owner of SMT posts regularly on a
couple other golf-related sites and has offered special introductory deals
to the members.  The reports back have generally been very favorable to the
quality, feel and finish of the SMT heads.  The heads reported most on have
been the Baltusral, the Shinnecock, and the Carnoustie.

I have a 9.5º Baltusral and can tell you it is one of the most solid feeling
heads I've hit, but most definitely has a fade bias, despite setting up very
closed.  It also hit the ball lower than most large headed Ti drivers of
that loft, probably much like the SRV II, seems to.  The reports I've seen
from others confirms this.

The Carnoustie has been reported as having the lowest trajectory of them all
and is the least forgiving of the line (and the smallest at 300cc).  The
Shinnecock has been reported as the easiest to hit, with no fade bias, the
highest ballflight of the three, and the most forgiving due to it's size and
longer heel to toe dimension.  The MV2 hasn't had much reported, that I
recall.  I don't know if the closed face on the MV2 is due to the reports on
"fade bias" or just due to the larger head volume and perhaps increased heel
to toe length.

I would say that the Shinnecock is a safest bet for you, but Mike has been
pretty prompt and will likely give you and answer if you ask for advice via
email.

Mike says they will soon have some new models available, that include at
least a 370cc and a 455cc model.  They are supposedly made using a new
"Vacuum Forged" technology (which will make them more expensive, as I
recall) and a patent applied for face design.  Bodies are made in Japan,
sent to Taiwan for production & finishing and shipped to Hong Kong for
delivery.  I think he is supposed to have samples in his hands by Tuesday
the 13th, but I don't know when they will be available for sale.

Dan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]