On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 12:09:58PM -0400, Charlie wrote:

> I have to agree with your comments re the SMT and Bang products.
> I am somehow surprised that the SRV II does not get much attention on other
> forums.
> I had mine since January this year and find that the 7.5 with SK Fiber Rev
> Lite is the winning combo for me.
> Unfortunately!!!!

The SRV II is pretty popular over at the GEA, seems to be a favorite among
those who put either the 10* or 12* into a steel shaft.  Lately all you hear
about is the Mellow Yellow and the new SMT heads (great design!) as well as
the long drive favorite Shinnecock.  Hear about the Bang 450 quite often as
well.  The Bang P3 Plus will be available soon as well, would like to try
that one.

> Played few holes yesterday and noticed that the SRV started to sound like a
> ping driver and the flight was not consistent and definitely loss of
> distance.
> I suspected the worse and sure enough the face at the crown has a 2 inch
> hairline crack!!!
> Ken at Golf Direct is replacing under warranty as we speak. I do have aback
> up but it is 9 degrees. Anyone else had any SRV II crack? I swing at 92 to
> 94 MPH so the speed should not be the cause.

I haven't cracked mine yet, but I haven't had it that long, either.  Will
definately let you guys know if I do.

BTW, I tried a Bang 450 yesterday, 10* on 45" Stealth 70 S trimmed 1".  The
combo is LONG (I'd guess 15-20 yards longer than my SRV II 12* on a 44"
steel shaft) but the tendency to fade the ball all the time and the clanky
racket the head makes turns me off.  The SRV II sounds just about perfect to
my ears in comparison, just a nice sounding thwack.  The club would be a
great combo for someone with a consistent swing, but I already hit the SRV
II far enough the majority of the time.  Only time extra distance would be
welcome is on long par 4s and 5s.

-Dave