In a message dated 11/9/2002 6:31:21 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi Lloyd
If you are going to throw out the statistic on Shaft Lab = 50% fitting
success,
then I would be curious as to:  FitChip = XX% fitting success
????????????????
BTW, what is wrong in building demo's and field testing these on the golf
range.
Wouldn't that be a better strategy to either Shaft Lab or the FitChip
process?
At least it is direct in that you get to see what happens to the ball.
Thanks HarryS

Hi Harry,
I have been fitting and selling golf clubs for a long time, I've done it in stores and have had two ranges, I can tell a guys club head speed blind folded just by the sound.
I only say this to let you know that I have a good amount of experience.
I started using Fit Chip in my retail store on 4/10/02 and just today tracked the sales thru 11/08/02 and I was amazed at the sales to return rate, especially since we tell every customer that if they are not happy we are not happy, the last thing we want is for their driver or whatever to end up in the garage, it doesn't help them, and it doesn't help us, we want people out there whooping it up about their purchase.
I have had 1,275 retail sales during this period and have had only 9 returns, that is UN heard of in this business, that is a 99% stick rate, now granted I always reserve the right to use my better judgment to over rule the Chip, but it is a great guide line for fitting if properly interpreted.
I do have demo's in a variety of flex's and a range near by which I routinely send people to and more often than not they like the club best that is close to the freq. that the Chip recommended when the data was properly interpreted.
You guys are eager to slam Lloyd and granted I don't know your history with him, but I do know that he is on to something and it's outside the box of conventional thinking.
David