In my case, I have attempted to cure or alleviate the symptoms by using time restriction.  She is involved with my greens fees perpetual fund.  I make her work full time, in that endeavor.  Some jerk in her office showed her how to use the Internet.  Now I she can order and return in microseconds versus running to the mall.  I have lost.

Al

 At 01:24 PM 12/20/2002, you wrote:
It sounds like she has a latent case of purchasing addiction, which is fairly common to the female of the species.  It is usually brought on by long periods of close proximity to a curmudgeonly old man.  This malady often responds well to application of VISA or MasterCard.  In extreme cases, doses of DISCOVER have proven successful.  Once the initial crisis is passed, regulary applications of CHECKBOOK will often keep symptoms under control.

<GRIN>
Royce
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Al Taylor
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 11:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: What is it worth?

Interesting.  Besides me, I wonder what severe pain my wife has.  She buys without without the need for solutions.

Al

At 09:35 AM 12/20/2002, you wrote:
The best book I've seen on selling is titled Solution Selling by Mike Bosworth.    His basic premise is that people will only buy to solve their "pain", and they won't buy your product unless you can show them that it solves a problem they have.  He lays out a process for quickly identifying the buyer's pain and giving them solutions that will solve it.  One of his main points is to sell solutions, not features.  I've used the process for a couple of years in my other jobs, and it works very well.

My $.02....
Royce