Timing is everything . That means clubhead speed means nothing to selecting shaft stiffness.

llhack

Sent: 5/29/2003 1:46:25 PM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Question

Rich:
I am assuming that your swing speed indicates a stiff flex?
My potential customer has swing speeds that call for a "R" flex.  But he has heard that a stiffer flexed club would give him more accuracy.  True as this is, I could not give him an estimate as to how much distance he could expect to lose, thus the question.
Like you I have an oddity.  I have a 320 gram, 9.5* lofted, Titanium Driver and a low profile 12*, with matching shafts.  At least once a round I can pound that 3 wood 260 yards off the tee.  My drivers average is probably about that, with a 280 once in a while.
Ed