Hi, i am still in the learning phase of shaft analasis and what is a good
reliable method of checking torque on a shaft?  can you recommend equipment
for a low volume work shop? thanks - Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Brooks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: FUJIKURA PRO VISTA 60

Hi,

I believe you said that you made the measurement that gave you a torque
value of 6.2 with a grip on?  If so you aren't that far away from what I
would expect.  Fujikura list the Torque Value for the Vista Pro 60 as
4.5.  Add 1-cpm for the grip (per John), a little for the presence of the
head (per Dave T., he's right, it will have an effect, both on the MOI of
the mass twisting the shaft and, because it is an offset mass, the dynamics
of the shaft as it's twisting), and you are real close to your 6.2.

I suggest you are getting what I would expect.

Alan Brooks