Sounds good to me. There are always several ways to accomplish the same task.

Carl

Corey Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Carl,

I made my own:
I bent my $18.00 blade one day while being in a hurry so I took a very long 1/4" carriage bolt from a discarded wire spool, cut off the threads, and hammered about 12" of the tip progressively flat while heating it with the shop torch.  I then epoxied the handle from an old pull rope off a derelict lawn mower to the head end with some spare epoxy left over from assembly. The darn thing works better than the ones you buy. Probably because the flattened portion is not as wide as the blades you buy and a bit thicker.

I use a flat letter opener to get things started for the first few inches.

Best,

CB