Same thing here in SC Tom, but the only difference is that if I want to look at the stars at night I only have a 4 month window in which I can safely do it in because at night is when most of the deadly snakes and all of the local Gators do their hunting.   But even at night here at sea level living on a golf course with no light pollution it is very clear.

Richard Kennedy
-------Original Message-------

Date: 03/23/04 10:10:16
Subject: RE: ShopTalk: not golf, star gazing

JOHN:

Thanks for the stargazing tip - here in the mountains with our elevation
and no light pollution you can't believe how bright the stars and
planets are in the sky on a clear night.  So since we are in the midst
of some very clear weather these days, I will be sure to take note of
your tip tonight.  Thanks!!

TOM