From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Jen Kuntz
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 8:33 AM
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Tips for out to in swing

Tom, you're breakin' my heart.... congrats on the grandson... what am I going to do with all my spare time??  ; ))

Re: square stance... are you saying I must be open or closed to accomplish this poor swing?  Honestly... if I had a camera I'd take a video.  I don't know when this started but I swear I am square to my line according to the video I've seen of my swing during lessons.   To make your head shake a little more... I seemed to start doing this last year some time, at the beginning of the year my index was 10.3 and at the end of the year it was 7.3... all the while losing a lot of distance and accuracy with this.  Lowest handicap of my life, but it felt like the most frustrating golf year of my life.  Go figure.  I was taking lessons this winter indoors to work on it and the instructor just kept saying I'm getting away with it because I'm athletic.  I interpret that as "I can't figure out how the h*** you are hitting the damn ball with that swing"!!

Jen

TOM FLANAGAN wrote:
Jen, my once and only;

You may recall I had a long give and take about this
very subject a couple years ago. Briefly, the point
was this; unless you adopt a particularly awkward
stance, it's physically impossible to drive the
clubhead through the hitting zone with an inside path
with even mediocre results. As I recall, another one
of my idols, Professor Tutelman, agreed, as did
several others. Quite simply, ya can't do it from a
square stance. Nope. No can do.

TFlan

BTW: I guess it's over between us, romantically.
JanFlan and I became grandparents for the first time a
couple of weeks ago. Now, Nolan Gibson Flanagan is "He
Who Must Be Obeyed". Son Mike and his SWMBO, Missy,
finally came through! So, it's been fun. Try to
remember the good times.

--- Jen Kuntz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey gang,

I've been fighting an out to in swing path for a
little over a year now
and having trouble with ways to practise to get rid
of it.

I tried the "inside approach" thing this winter and
it was ok but I
don't want to buy one.  I've also tried just using a
couple
sticks/shafts parallel to the swing path on the
ground and trying to not
hit them.  I find I keep hitting the damn inside
stick and it just
reinforces the problem instead of helping me work
through it.

Anyone have any drills they've tried that worked for
them to get rid of
this?

Thanks in advance,
Jen