From: owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com [mailto:owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com] On
Behalf Of Dave Tutelman
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 11:58 AM
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: backups (was: Auditor software), etc.

For anyone as intrigued as I was by Harry's suggestion of a USB Flash drive...

The 128GB Kingston Data Traveler seems to be going on eBay for
roughly $50 (even less if you're willing to wait for delivery from
China). I strongly suspect it is not a Kingston product at all, but a
Chinese knockoff -- but that is how it is advertised.

I figured at that price I could order one and see if it is as
effective as my hard drive backup. It is big enough to back up
everything I have, including all the install disks. (I'll keep a copy
of the OS install on DVD somewhere remote from my computer. I doubt I
can do anything with a Flash copy of that.)

Thanks for the idea, Harry.

DaveT

PS - Harry, the tape scraper you described is exactly the one I mentioned.