  From: Bernie Baymiller
  To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
  Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 11:48 PM
  Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Lynx irons

  Roy,

  Ha! Actually, too old. Anymore, I only remember things that I wouldn’t need
to know anyway.

  Thanks for the info. I don’t think the pins in a couple of dad’s irons are
down that far. He was a great 2-iron player...hit it acurately over 225 yards
in his 60s, even about 200 when he was my age (76). That’s the club head I do
remember is pinned. Those old Bobby Jones Tournament Model irons (made about
1939, I think) were very much like today’s heads, forged stainless steel with a
sole as wide as most of today’s blades, but with higher lofts and slightly
larger faces on the mid and short irons. I could lay open the 9-iron and play
it like a PW or SW. He left the dies open some when he made his set and the set
I grew up hitting.

  Bernie
  bl...@charter.net