Any good resources on putter fitting? Any of you have any hot tips/words of wisdom on this subject?

I'm thinking a putter analysis at the course I do a little work at might be fun. From a few things I've read, it looks like checking loft and lie would be the main things to work on.

Is putter loft/lie fitting done dynamically (like irons), i.e. watch a few putts and if they tend to pull left putter is too upright/push right then too flat?
Will a static measurement while they address the ball tell anything?

--

Thanks!
John Muir

skype: jhmuir