Greetings,
I have used mostly a Mitchell, for both, but that said 1 thing that  hasn't
been mentioned is that loft adjustments can affect lie as can lie
adjustments affect loft.

When doing an adjustment especially if it's more than a degree or less,
always PRE check your loft and lie measurements.

Then after making say your lie's 2 up RE check your lofts and adjust  if
need be, then double check your lie's.

This is not a very well known fact by most club makers but I imagine TW
knows it, if not he can certainly check it and confirm.

When I was designing the Vector Cast irons I could not seem to  get a set
of prototypes to match my spec's on the Mitchell, after  about 13 samples
they sent me a green machine and they were spec on, on  it.

TFlan would say it's not that critical on the lies, and for some part I
would agree, but I think the lofts are real important for a good player.

I have actually had a scratch player say he is supposed to hit his 35.25"
GW 103 and he is only hitting it 101.

Hey 2 yards could be the difference in just clearing the bunker and landing
 in it.

David

In a message dated 8/5/2016 8:57:01 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,