On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 14:33 +0000, Geovana Navarro wrote:
> I think I explained wrong, my purpose is not to get 12 Mbps per link,
> I know that is not possible. Again I explain my problem, this will
> show the scheme of my academic project.
> I am working with WRAP 2 boards and every one of these boards have two
> Atheros wireless card and an ethernet that is connected to the local
> area.

> Now I want to obtain higher transfer rates, this does not mean that my
> link1 magimanente can transmit at twice, I know that is not possible.
> But if I have two links and each can transmit at 4 Mbps, building that
> has two links expect the transfer rate is approached 8 Mbps, thus
> obtain a higher throughput.

If you have two cars, each that can go 100 miles per hour, you can still
only go 100 miles per hour because you can only drive one car at a time.
If you drive one car and your wife drives the other, then each of you
can go 100 miles per hour. Although 100+100 = 200, neither you nor your
wife can go faster than 100 mph.

This is the same with two links. A single connection goes out one link
or the other, but it is still limited to the speed of that link.

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car