On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 16:40 +0200, Simon Matter wrote:

> Thanks Tom, I appreciate your help!
> I have tried the whole thing as you did with KVM - and of course it worked
> as it did for you.

> Finally, before giving up, I went to the box, put in a simple USB ethenet
> adapter, and voilĂ  - it works perfec :)

> That means to me it must be some of the offloading stuff. I tried the
> settings from the shorewall FAQ but without success, so I have to check
> again, I either did something wrong in the tests or my adapter needs other
> settings. I'll come back with more infos.

Simon,

Interesting - so far, the offloading problems have only produced slow
upload and not slow download. I'll look forward to hearing what you find
out.

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car