On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 12:34:01AM +0000, Donald S. Doyle wrote:
>    Hello,
>

>    It appears that apps are getting installed on the router without my
>    knowing.  Supposedly, Citrix, Teamviewer & ZOHO have been installed
>    although I cannot find any evidence of it.  Is there a way to
>    blacklist/block apps from being installed?

Don,

There are several possible approaches.  The best one will depend largely
on the environment and the skills of the administrator, but some sort of
mandatory access control (like SELinux) would likely be the overall
best.  Be aware, though, that lots of apps break in a mandatory access
control environment.  This would require some amount of testing to
ensure that everything functions as expected.

Incidentally, I don't think that this something that Shorewall can help
with.

Regards,

-Roberto

--